Strengthening relationships with simple gestures
Whenever I see this photo, which I took 2 or more years ago, I am reminded of the simple things that hubby would do and little gifts he would give to make me remember him even on a no-particular-day day. A single red rose, a bunch of gerbera daisies and maybe a bar of my favorite chocolate that doesn’t come easy around this region. There were 3 white roses that he handed me during our first official day as a couple. Nine years and a half more I still recall that day with thrill, remembering the way we were so full of hopes and I’m glad those hopes made us what we are today.
So if you got no time to visit that corner flower shop, here are some tips I could give you (as a starting couple) when looking for gifts and some other tips on what you can do to strengthen your relationship with her.
1. Send her flowers and other things she’ll love. It is much easier nowadays than it was when hubby and I were dating. With a click of the mouse you can send her hand-tied flowers, chocolates, balloons and other trinkets – sent the next day or better yet, on that same day! Gifts can be personalized as well, like a box of cupcakes with your own message to the recipient – telling her how much you missed her.
2. Call her every so often. She would surely feel your concern if you call her asking if she’s safe home or if she had lunch already. These simple gestures would go on her daily notes (or her blog) as “sweet motions.”
3. Go shopping together. That’s buying even a simple dress, a pair of earrings or wedding anniversary gifts for a celebration you’re attending on the next Saturday. Going with her to shop for gifts for her parents, siblings and spending time with her in such ways will let her see you as a “patient” partner.
4. Dine at her favorite restaurant even if you don’t agree with her choice of cuisine. Even if your palates have different preferences, it’s a big plus if she sees you eating her favorite food that you have come to list on your “no-no” food. Who knows, that might be the one food you’ll learn how to cook in all your life.
5. Go Mountaineering. Go snowboarding, kayaking, bicycling, bunjee-jumping or simply exercise together.
There are a lot more things that can draw one closer to the person he adores and if by persistence and true intentions she says yes to him, the next tips should be; how to make a relationship fun and memorable.